I am honored to have been nominated by the author of Saints West blog (saintswest.wordpress.com) to do this Liebster Award.
Thank you so much for giving me a look! I’m flattered and look forward to watching my own nominees in the near future. This is an honor!
This is an award given to small bloggers to help them gain some more views and get recognized.
The rules for the award are:
• Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
• Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
• Give 11 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
• Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
• Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions (complete with my answers in italics) by Saints West blog are as follows:
1. What are you greatest fears?
My greatest fear? Gee, I don’t know. Maybe getting bumped on the head and forgetting who I am, who my friends are? Maybe it’s being abandoned and/or forgotten by them. That sounds about right, I suppose.
2. How long have you been writing?
I wrote some things back in school. No not collage, but grade school. (LoL) I wrote again; a journal of sorts back when I was married the first time, and then some simple poetry, quite a number of years later. My most recent writings started very recently. Perhaps they will continue.
3. If you could travel anywhere in all of time, where would you go?
If I could only travel to Scotland in June of 1986, I would rescue my friend (who later became my wife).
4. What do you enjoy doing in your leisure time? (Apart from writing, of course)
I kinda enjoy making pin-back buttons; the kind that were popular back in the eighties.
5. What is your favorite color?
If I were to go with what my astrological sign says I should like, then it would be gold (or yellow) but to be honest I like a burnt orange color as second best with the color green being my favorite.
6. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food would have to be bread, but because it doesn’t love me, I rethought my favorite food and come up with chicken. Yeah, I’ll go with chicken.
7. What is your favorite series (book, television)?
Once upon a time, I would have said Doctor Who as the television show. But I don’t watch much tv these days. Oh, don’t get me wrong, the good doctor still rates very high on any list of mine. But I’ll go with a book series and choose Madeleine L’engle and her Wrinkle in Time series of books. Books for the younger age, but still a bit of a thrill. I did just read a book by James Rollins titled The 6th Extinction. Perhaps, my next favorite author/series?
8. Who are the biggest influences on your writing?
Actually most of my posts are reblogs of things that go on in society. Some of what I touch on are closer to home; family issues and such, or just run of the mill “far out” ideas. I suppose you can say society is what drives my writing.
9. At this precise moment, what song is at the top of your playlist?
I don’t really have a “top” of a playlist because songs are done randomly. If I were to guess, it would most likely be something from the eighties. It might even be The Reflex by Duran Duran.
10. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
If I could be an animal, I’d like to be a wolf. But maybe not, they get hunted far to often. A bald eagle is protected, so maybe one of those? No, maybe something in the cat family. A cat would be nice. That’s me, a cat for sure.
11. What made you start writing your blog?
I started writing my blog because of facebook. You see, I’m on my second annual six month sabbatical from facebook. I’ve got all this time and I really need to “stay in the loop”.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I love dragons, like who doesn’t?
2. I’ve got a motorcycle license but haven’t ridden in years.
3. I’ve never been further West than Minnesota, further south then Key West.
4. I once tried nutrasystem (for 3 months), and lost a lot of weight.
5. I actually have had people tell me I look like Patrick Swayze.
6. Captain Janeway is my favorite Star Trek captain.
7. I didn’t meet my father until I was 26, long story. Want me to write about it?
8. I still like the Windows XP operating system.
9. Once, while I was a child visiting Cape Canaveral, I was afraid to go on this “rocket ride” because I didn’t want to leave my family behind.
10. I love the 80’s (music, tv, movies, clothing)!
11. I once fractured my right ankle falling down the stairs at school.
My nominees are:
1. Cris @ blondemomsense.org
2. Michelle @ Michadam.wordpress.com
3. Deconstructingdoctor @ Deconstructingdoctor.com
4. Innovativeslp’s blog @ Innovativeslp.wordpress.com
5. Cambria’s Big Fat Autistic Blog @ cambriaj1977.wordpress.com
6. Melinda Diaz @ lifeofanurbannurse.com
7. Just One Autistic Girl @ just1autisticgirl.wordpress.com
Below you will find 11 questions that my nominees must answer:
1) In the world of online shopping do you prefer amazon or eBay more?
2) If a genie appeared and granted you one wish (sorry only one per customer), what would that wish be?
3) The SuperFriends are looking for help, what is YOUR superpower?
4) Cats, dogs, sheep, or goats; what kind of person are you?
5) Which do you prefer; today’s music or yesterday’s hits (decade)?
6) Thinking back 20 years ago, did you imagine you would be where you are today (location, job, life)?
7) If you were born in another time, when would that be?
8) You were invited to a masquerade party, what costume are you going to wear?
9) Are you more of a day person or a night person?
10) You have been invited to play along with your favorite band in an upcoming concert, what instrument are you going to play?
11) When you look outside your window, what do you see?